“Today, knowledge is perceived as above all functional and immediately usable.”
– Charles Magnin, Swiss Educational Historian
Providing teachers and learners with ubiquitous access to materials would prove more suitable to enable teaching and learning in today’s mass education environment. The Literature to Film/Television Project (LiFT), aims to integrate more media based educational tools: visual stories; movies – feature length, shorts or miniseries – into the literature curriculum.
Goal and Objectives
To integrate more media based educational tools into the literature curriculum.
- To create a visual story (feature length movie, short film or miniseries) for each Caribbean text in the CXC General Proficiency Literature Syllabus.
- To create teaching and learning aids (for the CXC General Proficiency Literature Syllabus) to work in combination with each visual story.
- To provide an online content management system (CMS) with access to archived and streaming video of the visual stories, their corresponding teaching/learning aids and exam prep.
- To maintain an online CMS where teachers and learners can have ubiquitous access to archived and streaming video of the visual stories along with each corresponding teaching/learning aid and exam prep.